Forums

ArchSociety :: Forum :: Design Process :: Bubble of Ideas..

« Previous topic | Next topic »
thesis help: urban recreation center
1 2 3 
Moderator(s): Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, Array
Author Post
MUKESH CHAUHAN
Thu Aug 19 2010, 05:11am Print
Registered Member #2104 Joined: Thu Aug 19 2010, 05:04am
hi, i m planning to do urban recreation center for my thesis ... can any one tell me which all casestudies can i do ? Edited Mon Aug 23 2010, 09:41am
NEO
Sat Aug 21 2010, 06:03pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
You may look into Potsdamer Platz of Berlin. There are several interesting urban recreational facilities around the area.
You may also consider Disney Concert Hall by Frank Gehry in LA as an example. Even Paul Getty Center in LA by Richar Meier ((it's a huge art museum, visitors center and research institute) may be a very good project to study urban scale master-planning of pubic facilities.
If you are interested to take any of these as your case study, I may help you to get some study materials, may be.
MUKESH CHAUHAN
Thu Aug 26 2010, 04:52am
Registered Member #2104 Joined: Thu Aug 19 2010, 05:04am
Thanks a lot sir . it will b really helpful if u can give these case studies to me ... my email id:. [removed]

----------------------------
Moderatior's Note: Your email address has been removed from your post for your own safety. Please use Private Message to send email address to the person you want to contact with. Thanks. Edited Wed Sep 08 2010, 07:14pm
NEO
Wed Sep 08 2010, 07:47pm
Admin Registered Member #4 Joined: Thu Aug 04 2005, 04:54am
: Dhaka
You may take a search in Google writing these: 'Sony Center Potsdamer Platz Architecture' Sony Center is a very popular urban space for Berliners. Recently I went there and I was overwhelmed at it's quality of space, service and success as an urban recreational center.

Sony Center, Potsdamer Platz
Sony Center, Potsdamer Platz

There are couple of other places around the Potsdamer Platz area of Berlin. You keep searching in Google. There is a book too named 'Architecture of Potsdamer Platz' I actually got that book in our library when I was an undergrad student. Here is the wiki link of Potsdamer Platz: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potsdamer_Platz

Disney Concert Hall: It's quite a famous building, I guess you know too! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_Concert_Hall I had a chance to experience a concert of LA Philharmonic there few months back. And it is really a great place as an urban iconic cultural complex. You may find this project in Gehry's books in your library or try web search.
Although Disney Concert doesn't 'connect' itsef to the city as it could at the street level, yet the terraces and the recreational facilities designed inside are magnificent.

Disney Concert Hall

I have couple of good photos of these buildings shot by me, I may share if you need.

I guess you are from India! In that case I have a very favorite project in Kolkata. That is the 'City Center' mall designed by Charles Correa. It's truly a great project with a very intimate feeling yet nicely blended with the urban scale, connecting plazas with the buildings. It is one great examples near around you

Edited Wed Sep 08 2010, 08:06pm
Afifa Nuzhat
Mon Jun 17 2013, 11:53am
Registered Member #5126 Joined: Mon Jun 17 2013, 11:49am
: New Delhi
i alos need litature study and case studies of urban recreation centre.
T Z H
Tue Jun 18 2013, 08:34pm
T Z H
Admin Registered Member #1901 Joined: Fri Mar 19 2010, 02:31pm
: Dhanmondi, Dhaka
Urban design is always confusing, cause there hips of books on the topic
CharlesNoise
Sun Feb 10 2019, 06:48am
Registered Member #11163 Joined: Mon Oct 22 2018, 03:36am
: Czech Republic
propranolol
SueNoise
Sun Mar 03 2019, 05:54am
Registered Member #11630 Joined: Sun Feb 24 2019, 07:23pm
: USA
cipro amoxicillin without a prescription buy motilium online lasix without a prescription buy advair on line
1 2 3 

Go to: